MyMachine Privacy Notice
The MyMachine Global Foundation (Mymachine vzw, Belgium) (hereinafter “MyMachine”) is committed to respecting your personal data protection and privacy rights throughout the world. Therefore, this notice is meant to provide you with a clear understanding of the types of personal data we may collect in our role as a data controller, the purposes for which we may use the information, the circumstances in which we may share the information and the steps we take to safeguard this information.
There may be different circumstances where you provide personal data to MyMachine. The types and amount of personal data you provide will depend on the reasons you are communicating with MyMachine. In some instances, this personal data may only be basic contact information. In other instances it may be more in depth such as professional qualifications, financial information, or data about members of your staff. Regardless of the specific type of information you are providing, MyMachine takes your data privacy seriously.
After collecting personal data from you, MyMachine may sort through and process that data. Because MyMachine determines the means and purpose for processing the data it collects, it qualifies as a “data controller” under applicable law, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). MyMachine’s status as a data controller obligates it to adhere to certain practices and disclosures in its data security mechanisms, and the manner in which it respects your rights.
Data We Collect and Why
MyMachine will collect and process a variety of personal data from various parties with which it interacts. However, MyMachine does not process data unless its processing is supported by a legitimate interest, contractual agreement, or legal obligation. The types of personal data that MyMachine may collect from you, depending on the purpose for which you are providing the information, include:
- Basic contact information such as name, email address, address and telephone number;
- Employment-related information such as work history, education, current employer, division, department, title, and job duties;
- Contact information for external references such as name, employer, position, and relationship;
- Identifying information, including nationality and year, or sometimes date, of birth;
- Financial information associated with donations;
- Voluntarily-provided information through surveys and questionnaires;
- For the purpose of dropping your dream machine idea on our website, the user is asked to fill out some data fields with a.o. identifying information, including name, given name, age, city, country, name and location of the school, e-mail address, name and purpose of the invented dream machine.
This is a broad description of the types of personal information we may process. To understand how your own personal information is processed in particular circumstances, you may need to refer to any personal communications you may have received from us, check any privacy notices we may have provided to you or made available on our site, or contact us to ask about your personal circumstances.
There are several purposes for which we will collect this information:
- Newsletters and email to you. We use contact information that you voluntarily provide to us, for example through the Subscription Link, to send you the newsletters and email messages that you request us to send. At any time, you can withdraw that consent and opt-out of receiving additional newsletters or updates from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” option when updating your contact information in the email communications you receive.
- Communications with MyMachine. When you send us an email message or otherwise contact us, we may use the information provided by you to respond to your communication and/or as described in this privacy notice. Also, we may archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- Donations. Through our third party partners, we use personal data collected when you make a donation on our Website to process your donation, and we may also archive your contact information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- Event management. MyMachine may process personal data in order to facilitate your attendance at a MyMachine event. Typically, this data will come from information that you provide via our online event registration websites.
- Government Authorities, Legal Rights and Actions. MyMachine may share your personal data with various government authorities in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights or to protect our property; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us. We also may share your personal data when we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of MyMachine, the website, our users, customers, or others; and in connection with our other agreements.
- Business Transactions. We may also share your personal data in the course of, or relating to, a transaction for the sale, merger, or other reorganization of our activities, or a transfer to a successor organization. If such a transfer occurs, the successor organization’s use of your personal data will still be subject to this Privacy Notice and the consents and preferences you have expressed to us.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
We use on this website map-content provided by OpenStreetMap. For this application a qos-token is used: this cookie is set by OpenStreetMap in order to limit the number of requests over a given time. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Where Your Information Will Go
We will not share your personal information with third parties, except as described herein, in separate data notices that you may receive from us or as authorized by you. MyMachine may share some of your information with our partner organizations and with companies that perform support services to MyMachine, such as accounting or legal firms, firms that provide data hosting or database management services, and other technical support. These third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and to use your personal information only in providing services to MyMachine. Under limited circumstances, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as in response to a subpoena or similar legal process, or to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. Any other disclosure of your personal information will be pursuant to your express consent.
Regardless of your physical location, any of the data subject to this agreement may, at any time, be transferred to Belgium or in other jurisdictions where MyMachine operates – where data privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
By providing MyMachine personal data which was provided to you from another person(s), company(ies), or organization(s), including members of your own staff (the “origin party”), you guarantee that:
- You collected and processed the data in accordance with applicable law, including the General Data Protection Regulation;
- You acquired the origin party’s informed consent to share its data with MyMachine.
How Long Your Data Will Be Kept
Typically, we retain your data for ten years at least and for to the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which you provided the information. However, MyMachine may decide to delete your data if MyMachine believes that the data is incomplete, inaccurate, or that our continued use and storage are contrary to our obligations to other individuals or third parties. When we delete personal data, it will be removed from our active data storage platforms, but it may remain in archives where it is not practical or possible to delete it. In addition, MyMachine may keep data as needed to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
While the terms of this notice do not specify a particular length of time for which data may be kept, MyMachine will always comply with its legal obligations under the GDPR to keep data for only so long as it has a permissible purpose for processing it.
MyMachine will respect and adhere to your data rights under applicable law. Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR or other applicable law, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- Your right to withdraw this consent;
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that MyMachine holds;
- The right to request that MyMachine correct any personal data if it is inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request that your personal data be erased where it is no longer necessary for MyMachine to retain such data;
- The right to request a restriction on further processing where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data;
Should you have any questions about this notice or desire to exercise any of the rights listed above, you should contact MyMachine at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following address:
MyMachine Global Foundation
Data Protection Officer
President Kennedy Park 10
Protecting Children’s Privacy
MyMachine welcomes children to learn more about our organization, and we are particularly respectful of the privacy of our young users. We encourage parents to monitor their children’s use of the Internet and to help us protect their privacy by instructing them never to provide personal information on this site or any other without permission. We will never attempt to extract unnecessary information from our users, regardless of age. We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16 without prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with such information without consent, we will use our best efforts to remove such information from our files. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that a child under 16 has provided such information to us, he or she should contact us at email@example.com.
If MyMachine wishes to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this notice, MyMachine will explain to you such use and set out the relevant purposes and processing conditions prior to commencing the processing. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing. You may always withdraw your consent at any time.
Instagram Feed WD
MyMachine reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter this terms at any time for any reason without prior notice.
You are responsible for keeping yourself updated on any such changes herein that might affect you.
Last updated 15 February 2019.